What Is Kandy Care?
Kandy Careis package protection that covers lost, damaged, or stolen items. Protect your order for $0.99 USD.
How To File A Claim
When you purchase a product with Kandy Care shipping guarantee, we guarantee your package delivery / condition.
When To File A Claim
An item is considered lost if it never is reported as Delivered. This can also include if your order has been stuck in any shipping state OTHER than "Delivered" You may file a claim if enough time has been allowed for delivery to take place and it's well past the expected delivery date, or if your order is stuck in a shipping state other than "Delivered"
As a general rule we consider 48 hours past the estimated arrival date a "reasonable amount of time" for which a claim can be filed for a lost order
If your item arrives damaged, unusable, or otherwise in an unacceptable condition, we invite you to file a claim right away. These types of claims can and will be resolved. A photo submission is required with your claim if your item is broken or damaged.
We consider a variety of factors to determine whether an order is considered lost or stolen such as: type of residence, whether or not the order was left on the doorstep, amount of time that has passed since the order status changed to delivered. If your order has been reported as delivered but you have not received it, in some cases it will be delivered within a day or two. If after a few days you still have not received your order, this would be considered lost or stolen. Please file a claim as soon as you suspect that your order might be stolen. We will require a simple police report be provided in this instance.
Delivered But Missing Package
Head Kandy requires a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
- Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Head Kandy provides shipping guarantee that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the claim with Head Kandy, Head Kandy is requiring a police report.
- Send Head Kandy the police report PDF & order number in the claim.
Upon request, Head Kandy can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Invalid Address Or Delivery Barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender/retailer. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus Kandy Care does not cover this. In instances where the item is being returned to the sender and is reusable, customers will be referred to the retailer.
Order Stuck In Customs
- Kandy Care does not provide coverage when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
- The customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
- If Head Kandy replaces something the customer has already paid customs on, under Kandy Care’s discretion, Head Kandy can approve and pay customs the second time. Customer will need to provide receipt to Kandy Care to be reimbursed for the second customs fee or a customs contact can be provided to Head Kandy and we will call and pay this fee.
Claim Filed Too Soon
- If the customer is filing a claim the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at our discretion Head Kandy asks you wait 3-5 business days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Stolen Items Policy
Filing A Police Report
- Head Kandy requires evidence of the police report OR video evidence of the customer’s package being stolen.
- Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Head Kandy provides a shipping guarantee that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the claim with Head Kandy, Head Kandy is requiring a police report.
- Upon request, Head Kandy can require additional documentation (proof of identity, address, etc.).
Delivered To Wrong Address
- If the customer entered the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, Head Kandy considers this as stolen and the above steps need to be taken.
Damaged Items Policy
- If the customer received a broken item and needs to dispose of it (i.e. shattered glass), the customer needs to check their city ordinances and dispose of it properly. Please make sure to take a photo of item(s) before disposing.
- The customer does not need to ship it back to the Head Kandy
A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
- Head Kandy can require further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).
Input wrong address
- If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, Head Kandy does not cover this.
Expedited Shipping Hasn't Arrived
- If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, Head Kandy will not cover it.
- Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Head Kandy will investigate and refund shipping costs if applicable.
- If a customer does not respond within 5 days, Head Kandy will automatically close the claim.
Didn't Want Kandy Care?
- If the customer’s package has not shipped, Head Kandy can refund the Kandy Care premium (if removed from order, customer releases Head Kandy of all liability).
- If the item has shipped, Kandy Care is already protecting the package and cannot refund the customer.
Why Do I Need Kandy Care?
Kandy Care offers you "peace of mind" package protection for all of your orders at an affordable price ($0.99 USD) With Kandy Care you don't have to worry about what to do if your order is lost, stolen, or broken. Simply file a claim, and we will make it right!